Job Matching Placements / Incentives
The Employment and Training Incentive program is a wage subsidy program funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development through Employment Ontario.
We all know its expensive to hire and train a new employee, but when you hire one of our clients through the Job Matching and Placement Incentives program everyone wins! Employers who qualify for this program can hire workers who for example, might have the work experience, but not the formal training, or they might have formal training but be missing work experience or some other similar situations. By hiring through this program you agree to give an individual who wants to get a foothold in your industry a chance, by providing on-the-job training for them while we assist you with a wage subsidy during the training period.
Our staff work hard to make sure this program works for everyone involved and each situation is treated individually to create the best possible outcome for all.
This is one reason why Employment Ontario’s Job Matching, Placement and Incentives program works so well for both job seekers and employers and employers return again and again to participate.
To qualify for this program Job Seekers must be Registered Clients who are working with our Employment Specialists and who have been actively job searching.
To participate, your organization must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Comply with all applicable legislation including federal/provincial human rights legislation, including but not limited to: occupational health and safety act, employment standards act, Human Rights Codes and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005,
- Provide employment in Ontario
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third party general liability insurance as advised by its insurance broker
- Not use placement services to replace existing or laid-off employees
- Not hire immediate family members (see us for more details)
- Not receive government funds from any other source for the same training placement
How Does it Work?
While you are helping someone gain employment in your industry, this program is helping you by providing a wage subsidy to off-set the on-the-job training you are providing to your new hire! Wage incentives will vary depending on the complexity of the job skill level required and the length of training required.
Incentives can be up to a maximum of $8,000 per person per placement for those placements that have an apprenticeship component, and up to $6,000 for those that do not. Our Employment Specialists are here to guide this process by referring candidates who have the attributes your business requires. Contact our office for full details about this and other programs.