Website Playtime Casinos
You manage the flow of the restaurant and generate customer loyalty, so put yourself in the heart of the action. The hostess also processes all reservations and plans guest seating arrangements, while helping servers with food and beverage expediting, bussing and cleaning. What we provide you is a stellar benefits package for full-time employees, a flexible work/life balance and the chance to move up the ladder at a company with more than 27 locations across Canada.
Other responsibilities include:
- Engage with others and provide a premium guest experience.
- Are comfortable initiating conversations with guests.
- Know how to have fun on the job and enjoy a public role.
- Can juggle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings and weekends.
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway’s proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com
- Host/hostess experience in the hospitality/food service industry preferred.
- Cash handling experience using POS system or cashier register.
- Tourism, promotion, marketing, entertainment or event training experience preferred.
- Smart Serve (Ontario).
- World Host / Super Host certificate or other similar customer service programs preferred.
- Proven selling, marketing, and service skills in a dining, retail, or promotions environment.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to pull, lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds, specifically a fully loaded serving tray.
- Knowledge of specialty food and beverage items.
Smart Serve (Ontario)
Apply through the Career Solutions website, or e-mail your resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org