Website Sienna Senior Living
We are Sienna Senior Living, a publicly traded company (TSX:SIA) and one of Canada’s leading owners and operators of seniors’ residences. We offer care, support, services and housing in Retirement and Long Term Care to seniors/residents and their families. And we truly believe it is a privilege to serve Canada’s seniors, ensuring they live fulfilling lives with the utmost comfort, dignity and respect.
At Sienna, we empower our 12,000 team members to help our residents live the life they desire and deserve. We provide our team members the tools and support to deliver excellent clinical care and elevate the resident experience through choice, personalization, and community engagement.
If this resonates with you, please keep reading!
What Sienna Offers:
We are a purpose driven organization. We aspire to cultivate an environment and culture where team members feel valued, heard and empowered to do meaningful work. And we offer a number of programs and benefits that support team members’ financial, personal and professional needs:
- A competitive salary and vacation package
- Health & Dental benefits program
- RRSP with employer match
- Share Ownership and Reward Program (SOAR)
- Employee Share Purchase Plan with company match
- Continuous learning and growth so you have the skillset needed to succeed and take on new challenges
- A welcoming culture that values diversity and differing perspectives, experiences and beliefs
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be a welcomed member of the Long Term Care team at Creedan Valley Care Community, working in a fast-paced environment where you will make a meaningful difference in residents’ lives. As a Personal Support Worker, you’ll form a deep understanding of your residents and their living experience. You will build relationships with the residents and their family members, offering a variety of support options and program choices that enrich their daily health and well being. As an individual and part of a wider team, you will be a strong contributor to the culture of the home, where the focus is always on helping residents live fully, every day.
How You’ll Succeed
- Provide Resident Supervision and Assistance
support residents with their activities of daily living including eating, dressing, hygiene and grooming as per residents’ individual plans of care
- Provide Resident Care and Services
aid residents with respect to their communication and connections by encouraging them to wear individual sensory aids such as glasses, hearing aides, etc.
ensure residents have constant and easy access to mobility or assistive devices such as canes, walkers, call bells, etc.
- Support Resident Comfort & Well-being
provide ongoing cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual support; as well as oral and dental care
encourage residents to participate in programs offered by the Resident Experience Team, whether individual or in groups
What you need to know:
Sienna Senior Living is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and residents feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience
Apply now if this job sounds interesting and you want to learn more!
- You are compassionate and dedicated to meaningful work that supports seniors in living life fully
- You have completed a Personal Support Worker program from an approved college or private institution or you are an Internationally Educated Nurse that has achieved a degree in Nursing
- You are detailed-oriented and proficient in procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and can provide bedside care to residents
- You exercise tact and diplomacy in working with seniors, their families and general visitors
- You must be legally eligible to work in Canada or have a valid work/study permit
- You must successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Check
- We are committed to protecting our team members, residents and families. Sienna requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with two doses of vaccine that is approved by Health Canada